Personal Possessions Cover from
Offering a range of insurance services to students, graduates, nurses and young professionals.

•  What is covered?
•  How much am I covered for?
•  What is not covered?
•  Where am I covered?
•  How do I make a claim?
•  How do I retrieve a quote?
•  I'm moving, is my insurance still valid?
•  Is Landlord's property covered?

What is covered?

Your contents and personal possessions as defined in the summary of cover plus any additional cover options you have chosen.
Back to Top

How much am I covered for?

Your possessions are insured for their full value on a new for old basis with the exception of household linen, clothing and wearing apparel where a deduction is made for wear and tear. A total sum insured limit of £10,000 applies to Student Shield, Student Shield Plus and Tenants Shield.
Back to Top

What is not covered?

In most cases, you will be responsible for the excess, the first part of any claim that you must pay, that varies depending on the cover you have selected. No insurance policy covers all eventualities and we recommend that you review summary of cover and/or a policy wording to ensure that the policy meets with your requirements.
Back to Top

Where am I covered?

You are covered in your accommodation, university storage, and in direct transit to and from your permanent home address (in the UK) at the beginning and end of published term times. You can also opt to cover your possessions anywhere in the UK for an additional cost. See summary of cover for full details as this will vary between products.
Back to Top

How do I make a claim?

If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as soon as possible. If the claim involves a loss from theft, malicious damage, vandalism or any other criminal activity you must report the incident to the Police within 24 hours of discovery.

IMPORTANT: Please note that all claim forms must be submitted within 31 days of the incident, in line with your policy agreement.
You need to download, complete and return a claim form or contact our claims team:

For all claims:

  • DOWNLOAD A CLAIM FORM: To download a claim form, please visit Policy Documents
  • PHONE US: 0142 223 8530*
  • WRITE TO US: Saxon Claims Service, Direct Group Property Services Ltd, PO Box 800, Halifax, HX1 9ET.
For claims on Mobile Phone and Gadget policies:
  • REPORT YOUR CLAIM: Contact CityMain to report your claim and receive a claim form
  • PHONE CLAIMS: 0844 875 1566
  • WRITE TO CITYMAIN: Citymain Administrators Ltd, PO Box 116, Ryde, PO33 2WX 

For full details visit: How to make a claim 

* For our joint protection calls may be monitored and/or recorded. Calls will be charged at a maximum 5p a minute from BT lines. Calls from non-BT phone lines may vary. Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm excluding public holidays.
Back to Top

How do I retrieve a quote?

Click on Retrieve Your Quote and enter your Transaction ID and password.
Back to Top

I'm moving, is my insurance still valid?

We can ensure that cover is provided at your new accommodation as long as you contact us in advance to advise us of the new address and the date when you are moving. You will be also required to pay any difference in the premium along with a £5 mid-term adjustment fee. If you are moving out of halls to private accommodation, your existing policy will no longer be adequate so please contact us to obtain a new quotation.
Back to Top

Is landlord's property covered?

Yes, liability as a tenant  is covered up to £5000. Tenant's liability is any amount for which you are accountable to pay for loss or damage to landlord's property. This means that if the landlord's furniture or fixtures and fittings are stolen or damaged whilst in your care, we will cover the costs. This includes accidental damage to landlord's furniture, fixtures and fittings as well as damage to underground services supplying the insured address.