Personal Possessions Cover from
Offering a range of insurance services to students, graduates, nurses and young professionals.
Tenants Liability▬For Accidental Damage to & Theft Of The Landlord's Property

What is Tenant’s liability?

When you rent a furnished property, you may be responsible for insuring the landlord’s furniture and other contents. We can cover up to £5,000 for which you are accountable to pay for loss or accidental damage to your landlord's property. This means that if the landlord's furniture or fixtures and fittings are stolen or damaged accidentally whilst in your care, we will cover the costs up to a maximum of £5,000.Quote me

Why do I need it?

Landlords, accommodation providers and letting agencies are likely to hold you accountable for any costs for theft or damage to their property and many of them now ask their tenants to have some liability insurance in place. If your privately rented flat, house or shared accommodation is fully or partly furnished, tenant's liability will make sure you can afford to cover the cost of replacing or repairing your landlord's contents.

Landlords might want someone to stand as guarantor, such as the parents of the renter, which is their insurance policy against tenant default. The guarantor would pay the landlord the rent if the tenant defaults, and he pays the landlord his losses, expenses or damages where the tenant fails to carry out his obligations under the lease.

With residential tenancies it is common for the landlord or agent to ask for a guarantor.

Our Tenant's Liability Insurance, automatically included with a contents insurance policy, can offset some of the expense that the rental deposit and/or guarantor might have to pay up to £5,000 in total, in relation to the landlord's contents.Quote me

What is covered?

We will cover you against all amounts you are legally responsible to pay, up to £5,000 for:

  • Accidental damage to landlord’s property.
  • The cost of repairing accidental damage to underground services supplying your insured address.

How do I get the cover?

All of our Contents and Possessions policies are available online and come with Tenant’s liability cover, for theft and/or accidental damage to the landlord's property, included as standard. So whether you’re a student, graduate or young professional renting a private property; you’re covered for accidental damage to the contents of your rented home.Quote me

What else is insured?

Our Tenant’s Liability comes as standard on all of our policies and as such, also comes with cover for your personal possessions up to £10,000 against fire, theft, flood and accidental damage. For full details of what we can cover- Get a Quote or call us on 0844 576 8362*

Are You A Landlord Or Accommodation Provider?

If you are a landlord or accommodation provider, you will need to protect your property not only from the elements and wear and tear but also from the tenants who fail to hold up their end of the tenancy agreement between you and them.

Our parent company UK & Ireland Insurance Services (Online) Limited, can arrange landlord's buy to let insurance, which can include rent protection and legal fees as well as buildings and contents and accidental damage.

Visit: The UK & Ireland web site for more information and quotes.

Or Phone: 0844 576 8365*

* For our joint protection calls may be monitored and/or recorded. Calls will be charged at a maximum 5p a minute from BT lines. Calls from non-BT phone lines may vary. Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm excluding public holidays.